Senior Sponsorship Manager
AVIS DE RECRUTEMENT
Senior Sponsorship Manager
EQUIPE/PROGRAMME : Opérations
LIEU D’AFFECTATION : Bamako
GRADE : TBD
Type de contrat : CDI (National)
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
General responsibilities in Child safeguarding:
- Ensure you fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and Local/Country Procedures.
- Conduct yourself in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in your personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse.
- Ensure the way you are carrying out your work is not putting children at risk (or further risk) – this means constantly scrutinizing your work through a child safeguarding lens and talking to children about possible design/implementation “flaws”.
- Promote the message of child safeguarding to colleagues in other organizations and government ministries, children in their own and beneficiary families, and community members in general.
- Be vigilant about observing possible child abuse/harm in their personal and professional lives.
Specifics responsibilities in Child Safeguarding:
- Contribute to implementation of the Child Safeguarding policy and standards within the program you technically back-stop, this includes:
- Ensure CS is reflected in the proposal development process according to existing checklists
- Ensure CS is in the kick-off meeting and launch of the project
- Include CS in ToR for field missions and missions to the Field Offices
- Include CS in risk assessment in all project and program and campaign activities
- Ensure CS is reflected in report while reviewing program reports
- Ensure CS is in the ToR of mid-term review and evaluation exercises.
- Adjust program approach to ensure better control of the CS risks and approaches that would better protect children from further risk of harm
- Work in collaboration with the CS Coordinator and CS focal point whenever is necessary
- Contribute to set-up of Child friendly reporting mechanism
Report any concern following the procedures
The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for direction, management and oversight of all aspects of Sponsorship, ensuring that Member policies and procedures are followed in terms of Sponsorship operations, communications, fundraising, programming and budgeting. The incumbent sits on the Expanded Senior Management Team (ESMT) making contributions and recommendations in support of an effective country program management.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of Programme Operations (DPO)
Staff directly reporting to this post
- Direct line management: all Bamako-based Sponsorship staff (operations)
- Matrix line management: all field-based Sponsorship staff (program and operations)
Dimensions: Total budget Sponsorship annual budget
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Representation, Partnership, Donor and Member Servicing
- Represent interests of Sponsorship operations and programs in-country and internationally
- Liaise with Country Director, Fairfield and Washington Offices of Save the Children US, other Members (i.e. Save the Children Italy and Save the Children Korea) and partners
- Manage flow of communications between sponsors, Members and Country Office ensuring Sponsorship’s vision and work are clearly and coherently articulated
- Work closely with Mali Country Office Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Sit on Mali Country Office Extended Senior Management Team
Strategy and Planning
- Lead short and long term strategic definition of Sponsorship-funded programming through Sponsorship Annual Plans (SAP), Impact Area Presence Plan (IAPP) and Three-Year Plan (3YP)
- Ensure alignment and linkage of Sponsorship-funded interventions with Mali Country Office programs and strategic vision
- Propose best way of implementing programs that could potentially lead to greater impact for children in Sikasso Region and beyond
- Participate in elaboration of global strategies on Sponsorship (operations and programs)
- Be responsible for putting monitoring and evaluation systems in place to ensure correct, timely and accurate evaluation of progress toward objectives
- Coordinate and supervise all aspects of all Sponsorship-funded programs (fundraising, community mobilization, planning, execution, reporting, monitoring and evaluation)
- Implement high quality programming in numerous sectoral areas (early childhood development, basic education, school health and nutrition, adolescent development, etc.) in hundreds of communities in both Sikasso and Yorosso districts
- Ensure Sponsorship resources are leveraged and complemented to attract additional opportunities for children
- Plan and develop strategies for annual maintenance of Sponsorship including child inventory, annual family updates, annual status reports, correspondence, ineligibility
- Ensure compliance with Common Approach to Sponsorship-funded Programming (CASP) guidelines and standards
- Design, develop and carry out sponsor retention projects including additional communications, and systems which encourage responsiveness to and individual communication with sponsors
- Prepare Monthly Management Reports (MMR)
- Coordinate and implement revised policies related to Sponsorship
Training, Documentation and Technology
- Ensure that ASISt functions smoothly; provide support in trouble shooting as necessary
- Ensure that appropriate Mali staff receive training and ongoing support in using ASISt
- Plan, organize, and conduct Sponsorship training/workshops for sponsorship operations and program staff as required
- Prepare annual reporting for Sponsorship programs and operations
- Conduct annual self assessments of Sponsorship finances, programs, operations
Acquisition of New Sponsors
- Cooperate with Members in sponsorship activities, providing information as requested
- Ensure proper parental consent is obtained for each child enrolled within Sponsorship
- Work out annual case history quota and submission schedule with
- Assign annual case history quota to each Community Development Agent
- Ensure case histories are collected on a timely basis
- Ensure case histories are processed and submitted to Donor Services on a timely basis according to established schedule
Sponsor Servicing and Retention
- Ensure welcome letters and 1st child communications (30-day letters) are sent to each new sponsor on time
- Respond to weekly Donor Services communications in a timely manner
- Ensure that sponsors receive timely and high quality responses to their special inquiries
- Ensure that communications between sponsors and sponsored children take place smoothly and in a timely manner
- Oversee handling of correspondence and Special Cash Gifts to and from sponsors
- Ensure annual mailings ASR, holiday cards and other retention assets.
- Maintain liaison between Save the Children members, sponsors and sponsored children
Child Safeguarding and Benefits
- Ensure Sponsorship provides age appropriate written or verbal child safeguarding information to Sponsorship beneficiaries in a language they understand
- Through cross-functional team efforts, ensure that programs are designed and implemented in a way that provides relevant, significant benefits to all sponsored children
- Ensure that systems are in place to ensure that children are active participants in core programs
- Ensure timely action is initiated in case of child ineligibility
AFU (Annual Family Update) / ASR (Annual Status Report)
- Plan annual AFU collection
- Meet deadlines for AFU collection and ASR mailing
- Draft ASR documents in coordination with Operations and Program Coordinators
Information Management, System Capabilities and Records Maintenance
- Manage personal data on more than 40,000 children and sponsors in accordance with organizational privacy policies
- Ensure that Sponsorship statistics are maintained and updated timely and properly
- Ensure that a proper tracking and monitoring system for child benefits is in place and is maintained properly
- Ensure that manual files are kept accurate, up-to-date, and secure
- Grow Sponsorship budget while diversifying funding sources; manage a multi-million dollar budget annually
- Serve as main budget holder for both Sponsorship programs and operations, support budget holders on individual Sponsorship-funded program budget management
- Ensure budget is spent within authorized limits and in line with donor policies and procedures
Staff Management, Mentorship and Development
- Manage tens of staff members directly or indirectly
- Ensure recruitment, training, mentorship and promotion of staff as appropriate
- Ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff
- Liaise with (US), Roma (Italy) and Seoul (Korea) to coordinate and execute donor visits
- Prepare all reports required for the semi-annual and annual reports
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, safety and security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
We must ensure the safety of children through our selection process, which reflect our commitment to the protection of children and include surveys of rigorous references
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree preferred in management, education, English or community development. The Equivalent or Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience in management, education or community development is acceptable.
- Experience in managing a Sponsorship program
- At least five years’ experience in community development
- At least five years’ experience in staff and budget management
- At least five years’ experience in planning and managing development programs
- At least five years’ experience in communication, report writing, and documentation
- Advanced computer literacy
- Experience in public relations
- Fluency in oral and written French and English non-negotiable.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good communication, organization and analytical skills
- Proactive, courteous and available
- Available to travel in Mali and abroad.
DOSSIERS A FOURNIR : Les dossiers de candidatures doivent comporter :
Un CV détaillé mis à jour ;
Une lettre de motivation mentionnant le titre du poste ;
Les Copies certifiées des diplômes et attestations de travail ;
Un Casier judiciaire (Sera obligatoire pour le candidat uniquement retenu)
Références d’au moins deux précédents employeurs (de préférence les superviseurs directs).
Les dossiers de candidature doivent être envoyés au plus tard le 27 Janvier à 17 heures précises uniquement via l’adresse électronique suivante: Email caché
NB : Seul(e)s les candidat(e)s présélectionné(e)s seront convoqué(e)s pour les interviews. Les dossiers de candidatures ne seront pas retournés.
FR: IL est porté à la connaissance des candidats que Save the Children International ne demande aucun paiement, ni frais durant tout le processus de recrutement. Toute demande allant dans ce sens doit être immédiatement signalée car contraire aux valeurs et pratiques de notre organisation.
EN: Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.